Saturday, October 1, 2011

Negative Nelly in the HOUSE!

Not in mine but totally in others! I get really bogged down with negative attitudes. Through work, I find that when one person is negative it spreads like wildfire. No one else can understand that you have a life, and that you live your life the best you can...so when you are not able to live up to whatever expectations they have they become negative. I try very hard to push out positive. No matter what, I put out positive. Many years that has been hard because of my job. I am now in a position where I can help others, not only kids but teachers and staff try to see silver linings. I just don't know how long it will take me to develop the force field to constantly defend myself from the negative.
I like to try to understand someone's reasons for their crappy attitude, or their stress. I like to think that there is a reason that they are acting the way they are. I think that is just the counselor in me. I have always been that way. If you talk to anyone in the profession, they will do the same thing. We are NOT excuse makers, we are practical, and we try to understand and see all sides of a story. You have to because you do not understand what that person is going through. Love this quote from Pinterest

Says alot if you think about. So the next time you want to ream someone out think about what they are going through. You may be having a bad day, but their day may really be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment