Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Thrifting I Will Go...

So thrifty decorating blogs have been my favorite lately. I have 20 bookmarked, and have joined pinterest because it is awesome. I get all these ideas, loooooove to go Thrifting (secret passion of mine) and find awesome deals but then when it's time to do something with the stuff I. GET. STUCK.
Are people born with that? They see a bottle in a thrift store and think, "oh yeah I could put that on a shelf in my kitchen and it would look perfect with marshmallows in it."
Well that gene has never made it in me. I have been a comfortable type of decorator. That's how my mom was. My house is comfortable blends of tan, and brown. I don't know how to make that beautiful blue pillow I bought at Big Lots work...
Got back from the Goodwill today with lots of really cool bottles, frames, and some clogs :)
Now I have it all sitting out from being washed and I have no idea where to put them.
Since graduating with my masters a few weeks ago I have been trying to figure out a hobby to help me break my habit of working too hard on everything. I want to find something that I enjoy that the kids could even help with.

Now I am just stuck with bags...should have just bought the Adidas running shoes and started running.

No comments:

Post a Comment