Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Headaches

I wake up in the morning hoping to open my eyes, stretch, make coffee, raise up and get up for a productive day.
Instead I open my eyes, squeeze my eyes with pain, move my sore jaw and neck, and wonder what was I worried about now that I grinded my jaw?
Then I slowly get up, aching the whole time and realize the pain is now creeping to the front of my skull. It's encompassing my whole head and shoulders. Sneaking through my neck. Why is my muscle relaxant not working? Why is that migraine medicine not working?
Take two Tylenol, no Advil since I gave myself ulcers, that doesn't work so wait 8 more hours to take two more. If this was 6 months ago I'd be taking two or four excreting migraine and maybe 6 Advil. Whatever it took. Sooner or later the headache gave up. Now I fight with them.
Take a shower, pray. Doesn't work. Go through the day hoping and praying it goes away. Listen to a screaming little girl. Big kids who need and a family that needs. I am off for the summer I should be relaxing. Ha!
Afternoon comes and I can take more Tylenol. Please go away... Nope.
Why? I'm 35. This is my life. What will I be like when I'm 45? 55? Will I be able to turn my neck?
Neurologist says one thing. Doctor says something else. I'm not impressed. I'm depressed. I'm stressed.
One day. I'll either be totally crippled in my 40's or drugged up.

I go to bed and hope for a better day. Going to bed with the same headache you woke up with it a horrible way to end a day.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever gone to a doctor outside of midland? Are you taking a preventative migraine med or one that targets it once it stops. Just curious or nosy I guess, about what you've taken besides the OTC stuff. I just like to compare notes.

    ReplyDelete