Sunday, September 11, 2011

A budgeting and meal planning I will go

So budgeting has seriously been my nemesis lately. I just can't get the thing right HOWEVER this week when hubby gets his middle of the month paycheck we are going cash only. No more debit cards. Only cash in this house until we get our spending taken care of. SOOOOO when it's gone, the moolah is gone. Scary thought but oh well, it's time to get this party started.
Next is menu planning. I have never planned anything, even when I did lesson plans they were really just for show because if you came in my classroom I was so not doing what it said on those plans! So meal planning was laughable for me. I think though with needing to control spending, this will go hand and hand. This will help me figure out what I need to get together as far as coupons for the trip, as well as making sure that the kids are not talking me into a bunch of processed yuck all the time which is really expensive.
We have been eating up everything in the freezer, pantry and fridge right now. That is until paycheck comes so I have been getting very, very creative!
So as I fret, and freak I just hope that we end up with enough. If we don't you know what? Oh freaking well. We can just go back to when we were super duper poor and eat alot of Ramen noodes. At least we are doing it in a nice house!

No comments:

Post a Comment