Monday, September 5, 2011

Did you just hear that? That suction cup noise?

That is me pulling my head out of my butt. I am so tired of focusing on this stupid credit report! We need a new house. Our house is bursting with kid crap, my crap, Chris' crap, just alot of crap (except the brown kind). Even when Chris rebuilt the enclosed porch it just wasn't big enough. I thought it would work, well it has kind of but now, not so much.
We bought at the height of home buying. When anyone with a pulse was given a mortgage and a set of keys. I wonder if we should have been one of those who foreclosed? Well we didn't buy over our heads. We bought low key and stayed way below our budget. We have alot of equity now, and so we are in a good place. Our payment however is not so good. Taxes make it go up every year and we had already started high.
This house payment is sucking the Sookie Stackhouse light out of our hands. We are getting more and more over our heads. With my student loans coming due we are getting a bit debt heavy and the house is not helping.

I have been working on budgeting and paying off but as life goes, things go and we need. I asked the wonderful people at the mortgage company to help me figure out what I needed to take care of, and so I was given a list of things to pay and that would raise our score enough to be in a better spot. We can get a loan now but if we did we would use all of our equity to get a house. I would love to take some of the equity and PAY CRAP OFF!!! I want to pay my car off so I can put all of that towards student loans (the thing in my life that takes my breath away-I literally feel the wind come out of my lungs and I get tight chested when I think about it). When Caelynn starts KG in a few years that is more money we can throw at debt. But the house is something that is like quick sand right now and the only thing I can do is work through the credit report, pay down debt and send letters to get bad crap off our credit reports.
It's not even like our stuff is that bad! It is SOOOOOO old!!!! It is frustrating to realize that what you did when you were younger and were stupid is reaching out and slapping you in the face later. I know that I am using this to teach my children! They will see what we are doing now and figure out at a young age NOT to play with their credit score like it is something that they will never need.

2 comments:

  1. Are you a Dave Ramsey sort of person? I agree with a lot of his advice, not all of it, but I can tell you that Alan follows him and listens to him almost every day. Because of Alan, we are in a very good place now. It sounds like you're doing the right things, but it sucks how long it takes, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing the Dave Ramsey but have had the hardest time doing the budget part with cash. I guess we are modified if you can say that. :)
    We are tackling our car right now to pay it off a year or so early so we can get the stupid student loans done.
    It does suck!

    ReplyDelete